Friday, September 17, 2010

AH HA!!!!!!!
A Sierpinski Triangle emerges from the primordial muck of metal!!!!!  A gizzilion thanks to Rich Stewart of Wings for his patience and  wisdom and super rad computer aided plasma cutter.... who'd have thought Triangles could be Soooooooo pretty!
Seeing each panel emerge, then starting to place them together.. I dunno what it is.. but there's this excitement of  MAKING something.. oh it was just fabulous!
I love collaborating..
 two brains and ideas start bouncing around .

 My initial vision was to create this Triangle.. the "nod" to  the lovely basic Fractal Geometry.. then to entwine in it.. a fern....the other perfect example (to me at least) of Fractals revealed in Nature.... BUT .. I'm not gonna go there!!! After seeing all these so beautiful triangles cut out (the "left overs") there was this thought.. Ooohhh.. creation.. triangles tumbling out of  the metal....AND using those bits as a base of sorts.. more support.. THIS is where Rich is always brilliant  and I forget about oh, structural integrity.  .. SO.. I don;t want to give it all away.. but the project is coming along swimmingly!   Heeey maybe I can  plant a real fern in the middle...
I brought my new baby home yesterday (the Triangle thank you) and finished welding..
 then..
grind grind grind..
 I forgot HOW much I LOVE metal work.. is it because it's  SHINY? :)
I also forgot how filthy you get.. still blowin' out black boogers...yea yea yea.. from BEFORE I put on the respirator.   That's all folks! Chat soon :) Mm

1 comment:

  1. I really like the live fern idea. The biggest one that will fit inside the pyramid.

    ReplyDelete